It's sometimes boring, but it's important - here is all the legal detail you could ever need.
If you are considering signing a residential property agency/listing agreement you should ensure you have read the Real Estate Agents Authority New Zealand Residential Property Agency Agreements Guide.
If you are considering either selling or buying a residential property you should read the Real Estate Agents Authority New Zealand Residential Property Sale and Purchase Agreements Guide.
Complaints & Disputes Resolution
200 Square Limited has a Complaints and Disputes Resolution Procedure. You may access the REAA Consumers Guide Complaints without first using the 200 Square in-house procedures and any use of our in-house procedures does not preclude you from making a complaint to the Authority.
Our complaints and dispute resolution procedures are designed to provide a simple and personalised process for resolving any complaint you might have about the service you have received:
- Email us at email@example.com, or call 0800 200 SQUARE (0800 200 778). Tell us about your concerns, and let us know what you would like done about your complaint.
- You may be asked to put your complaint in writing so that it can be investigated. We promise to respond to you within 10 working days. As part of that response we might ask you to meet with us to discuss the complaint and try and agree a resolution.
- If we are unable to come to an agreed resolution after a meeting, or if you don't wish to meet with us, then we will provide you with a written proposal to resolve your complaint.
- If you do not accept our proposal please try and advise us in writing within 5 working days. You can, of course, suggest another way of resolving your complaint.
- If we accept your preferred resolution we will attempt to implement that resolution as soon as possible. If we decline your preferred resolution we may invite you to mediate the dispute.
- If we agree to mediate the complaint but don't settle the complaint at mediation, or we do not agree to mediate the dispute then that will be the end of our process.
Even if you use these procedures you can still make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority at any time.The Real Estate Agents Authority
c/- PO Box 25-371
Phone 0800 FOR REAA or 0800 367 7322