Top of Cuba Sophistication - Sunny, Loft-style QBA Apartment
Our owners have loved living in this premium QBA Apartment.
Light and sunny with a huge wall of north-facing windows, this apartment is lovely and warm in the winter, yet feels like part of the outside world with the windows opened wide to the deck in the summer.
It feels wonderfully spacious due to the double height ceiling in the living area, with a generous mezzanine master bedroom diagonally above the kitchen. The owners configured space for a second small living area and a work desk in the mezzanine bedroom.
Location is perfect - Cuba St is right outside the door, with shops, cafes and the Lighthouse Cinema Cuba, and it's also only a short stroll to the Aro St cafes and the leafy bird-filled bush-clad Central Park valley.
There is great built-in storage in the apartment, plus a separate walk-in basement storage locker and an outside storage courtyard by the front door. The car parking space is also conveniently right at the front door.
The first owner bought the apartment new in 2001. It has been both a very spacious one person apartment with a good-sized spare room and a separate office, and then until recently has been home to a family of four.
Entry to this QBA Apartment is via the car park (entrance to the right of the building on Webb Street). The front door is directly off the car park behind the building.
Flat 1K, Qba Apartments, 51 Webb Street, Mount Cook, Wellington 6011
- House Style
- loft-style city apartment
- outside car park, at the front door
- modern plywood cupboards with aluminium features
- warm apartment building
- mostly carpet, with vinyl in the bathroom & kitchen areas
- Heating / Cooling
- mostly solar heated as it gets lots of sun in winter, & holds the heat really well, we use an electric heater very occasionally in the winter when there hasn't been much sun
- Window Coverings
- curtains on the big front windows, venetian blinds on the bedroom windows
- Chattels Remaining
- 3 year old washer/dryer, 3 year old stove/dishwasher, new fridge/freezer, curtains for the very large front windows, venetian blinds in the bedrooms, freestanding wardrobes in both double bedrooms (single bedroom/office has a built-in cupboard), shelving in the basement storage unit & the storage courtyard by the front door, electric heater