Mountain views, privacy and space.
Exit the busy city life and succumb to relaxed Geraldine living with a beautiful outlook.
A sweeping driveway, bordered by Pin Oaks, whose leaves are just starting to turn a fiery scarlet red, leads up to the property. Surrounding the house are mature extensive gardens sheltered and bordered by English Beech hedging. The plantings provide beautiful spring and autumn colour. Bell birds, wax-eyes and fantails are frequent visitors.
The front door opens into a large entrance hall with Italian floor tiles, which leads through to the spacious country kitchen.
The kitchen opens off to a large open-plan elegant lounge and dining area.
This is warm and sunny but has a large log burner for chilly winter evenings.
On the other side of the kitchen is a cosy family room with log burner which is the hub of family living. There is a separate laundry and toilet, with plenty of cupboard space for storage.
At the other end of the ground floor is a kitchenette and living area with bedroom attached. This bedroom is currently used as a music room, but this area could easily be converted into a self-contained apartment (subject to normal approvals of course).
Upstairs are the bedrooms. A large master bedroom and spacious ensuite, plus three double bedrooms and separate family bathroom.
There is great indoor/outdoor living with a large paved, sheltered patio, fantastic for family BBQ s. This area connects to the dining room via French doors. On a north facing slope there are fruit trees and an children's play hut / hen house. Nearer to the house is a large vegetable garden and wood shed. Close to the kitchen is a small herb garden.
The gardens are surrounded by paddocks currently used for grazing sheep and cattle, If you were lucky enough to be unencumbered by a day job, there is enough fertile land to be self-sufficient.
The Geraldine area has its own microclimate and is sheltered from those Canterbury Nor'westers.
Sheltered, peaceful , private and with views of the 'Four Peaks' range, the house is 8km from Geraldine town. There is a school bus route at the end of the road. Geraldine Primary and High Schools are in the town, and Waihi Boys' Prep School is nearby at Winchester.
Constructed in 1994 to an English "Tudor" style this home has proven to be soundly built. Mortised joints were used in the timber framing and the house has emerged from the two large Canterbury earthquakes unscathed.
Built with an investment planting of Pinus Radiata this property is not only elegant family living it will provide income as well.
- House Style
- English Tudor style. lower storey brick, upper storey stucco and Harditex panels
- Double Garage with workshop area. Outdoor parking areas for 3 extra cars
- Long Run Colour steel (Grey Friars)
- Pink Batts in all exterior walls and roof spaces.
- Italian ceramic tiles in entrance hall and kitchen. Wooden flooring in lounge and dining room, carpet in family room, stairs and bedrooms, cork tiles downstairs toilet and laundry and granny flat kitchenette.
- Heating / Cooling
- Two log burners (23 Kw each) one with wetback. Nobo panel heaters.
- Window Coverings
- Curtains or blinds throughout
- Forestry Investment
- 8 Ha Pinus Radiata 19 yrs old current value $60,000 (Standing timber)
- Extensive established gardens, English beech hedging, spectacular spring and autumn colours. Small fruit orchard and vegetable garden.
- Master bedroom Ensuite
- Spacious ensuite with double vanity, bath shower and toliet. Heated towel rail.
- Separate with Victorian clothes rack
- Separate kitchenette, study area / lounge + bedroom (currently used as a music room)
- Chattels Remaining
- All curtains and blinds, fixed floor coverings., Victorian drying rack., F& P Fridge , double dish drawer., Fixed Shelving