Sun-kissed, airy, elevated with open vistas. Well-loved for over a hundred years this kauri cottage is all old-world charm, with high ceilings and big wooden windows.
Two french doors open north, to a wrap-around deck, where plums hang on the branches of the old tree and grapes drape along the rail. At night it is restful in the company of stars, under the open sky, as it is indoors looking out at the panorama of lights in the distance.
Underfoot you have the warm patina of kauri wood, wool carpets in the bedrooms, and terracotta tiles in the kitchen and bathroom.
A 600 square-metre elevated section would cost in the 200s. How much would you consider for a home like this?
* Sitting on an elevated section with wide open views;
* North-facing with all-day sun;
* Peaceful, restful, and quiet.
The value of this home is in its beauty and comfort. Fordhams' Cottage is an old-time, long-time place for nurturing the soul, a place for love, in the making for over a century.
Talk to us today to register your interest. Open Home - Saturday Noon-1pm
For more details also see www.FordhamCottage.com
- House Style
- Cottage, Kauri, c1895.
- Double Garage, Freestanding. Additional parking on driveway (boat etc.).
- Partial - under roof.
- Kauri floors. Wool carpets in bedrooms. Terracotta tiles in kitchen and bathroom.
- Heating / Cooling
- Wood burner. Underfloor heating (kitchen and bathroom).
- Chattels Remaining
- Chandeliers, Stainless steel gas range, Security alarm