A Classic Bungalow Masterpiece - a beautifully renovated classic weatherboard bungalow on a full site. This home combines original features blended smoothly with modern conveniences for sophisticated living.
Some of the many original features including:
- Wide matai floorboards
- Tall rimu skirtings
- High plaster and board ceilings
- Kauri fire surround for the wood-burner
- Tiled fire surround in a bay window with leadlights for the gas fire
- Panelled cedar internal doors
- Big bay window in the lounge
Of course, with the mod-cons too:
- Modern kitchen with Smeg appliances
- Re-wired (RCD's on the mainboard) and re-plumbed (water, stormwater and sewer)
- Above code insulation to the ceiling, walls and floor
- Modern efficient wood-burner
- Mains gas for instant hot-water, hob and gas fire in the dining room
Open plan kitchen living and dining with a separate front entranceway including leadlights in the front door. Two bathrooms with shower and toilet, one with a freestanding claw-foot bath. Separate laundry with venting for a dryer and a smart-tub.
The rest of the layout is up to you and could range from 2-5 bedrooms. The current layout has two main bedrooms, office / spare bedroom, sunroom and a second lounge. The recent extension (with code compliance) includes one bathroom and the second lounge with large bi-folds to a sunny west facing deck.
There is a private paved area in the fully fenced front yard accessed from the sunroom on the north side as well as directly off the drive. The back yard has an arbor to escape the summer sun and enjoy the private back gardens while the kids play. It also includes a glasshouse for the gardener and a playhouse, swings and sandpit for the kids.
Masses of storage under the house, with multiple access points, and in the ceiling accessed by pull-down attic stairs. Both have power and lighting. There is a workshop area under the house at the rear. Separate double garage with automatic door and an off-road parking/turnaround area.
The partially shared driveway has been re-laid and is fenced off from the yards to keep the kids safe.
TV and data wiring to multiple rooms can be left in place if agreed. House has high-speed broadband access available from multiple providers. Aerials fitted for Satellite and UHF/VHF covering Freeview (satellite and terrestrial HD), Sky and analogue TV. Projector screen and roof mount could be included in chattels if agreed.
Current LIM report available.
Plenty of local facilities within walking distance including:
- Onehunga and Royal Oak for shopping of all descriptions, including Dressmart and Ollie's ice cream parlour (a local icon)
- Cornwall & Jellicoe parks (Jellicoe has a public swimming pool)
- Access to the Manukau harbour via the Onehunga foreshore
Fast access to the airport (south western) and southern motorways as well as the south eastern arterial route. Minutes to public transport via bus and train.
Zoned for Royal Oak and Onehunga Primary, Royal Oak Intermediate and Onehunga High School.
- House Style
- Separate Double Garage (29m2) with automatic door and extra offstreet parking.
- Corrugated iron
- Above current code to Ceiling, Walls and Floor
- Polished Matai floors
- Heating / Cooling
- Near new wood burner and natural gas fire
- Window Coverings
- Mix of curtains, blinds and venetians
- Underhouse and ceiling (stairs) storage both with lighting and power
- Fully fenced front and back including driveway separation. Includes Glasshouse, Playhouse with climbing wall and swings, Sandpit.
- Natural Gas
- Instant hot water, gas fire and hob
- Rewired including RCD on mainboard
- Plumbing and Drainage
- All replaced including watermain, stormwater and sewer connection
- Chattels Remaining
- Stove and separate hob, Dishwasher, Fridge / freezer (optional), Window dressings, Rangehood, Glasshouse, Playhouse with swing and climbing wall, Sandpit, Smart tub, Dryer wallmount and venting kit (optional), TV Aerials